Published on March 19, 2006

WWViews on Climate Change – Event Information

Past projects

On September 26th, 100 people from Kettering in the UK were part of the most extensive global consultation ever held and the first of its kind. This event sought to influence key decision makers at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP15) that was held in Copenhagen in December 2009.

Project Information:

For more specific information on the project please click here or contact: edward@involve.org.uk

Reports:

• The latest World Wide Views UK report into discussions held by Kettering citizens download here
  • World Wide Views UK policy report available to download here
  • World Wide Views International Policy report available here

News:

World Wide Views UK reported on Channel 4News:

Results:

Blogs:

• Edward Andersson has been in Copenhagen assembling the International Policy Report for the World Wide Views (WWVs) process. Read about his experiences here
  • Edward Andersson of Involve explains how the numbers in this process are only part of the story. Read more here.
  • Simon Burall of Involve explains how 100 citizens’ in Kettering will be changing the dialogue surrounding climate change here.
  • During the World Wide Views on Climate Change UK event Simon Burall reports on what three things stood out for him during the rich discussions here.

Endorsements:

The Chair of the Sustainable Development Commission, Will Day, endorses the process;

The Chair of the Global Campaign for Climate Action (GCCA) Kumi Naidoo is supportive of the process,

“We are counting down to the most important meeting of our lives. This December, world leaders are gathering in Copenhagen to forge a global climate deal. The impacts of climate change are mounting every day, but we still have time to put ourselves on the path to a better world. The TckTckTCk campaign is building the world’s largest mandate for action.

“This mandate will involve a great many people and organisations, and the World Wide Views initiative, with its emphasis on facilitating debate and engagement across the globe will play a really important part. We hope that the events across the world on the 26th will add weight to the body of evidence being taken to Copenhagen and demonstrate that wherever they live, people believe it is time for their leaders to make real change”

Susan Nash, Vice President Society & Citizenship, National Union of Students (NUS), UK, said:

“We will be watching very closely when world leaders gather in Copenhagen in December to agree a new deal to tackle climate change across the globe. Student voices will be an important part of the debate on climate change, and will be making their voices heard through the discussions as part of the World Wide Views initiative in the UK and in many other countries. NUS is pleased to support Involve and the World Wide Views process and hopes that the voices of our members will play a part in encouraging global leaders to make the right decisions in Copenhagen”

Participants:

To download the info booklet please click here