Hear Involve Director Simon Burall talking on crowdsourcing at the Institute for Government’s panel debate.
23 January 2012, 18:00 – 19:30 (followed by a drinks reception)
Consultations including the Red Tape Challenge, Your Freedom and Making Open Data Real have used technology to consult and gather ideas about what the public wants from government. These ideas have often met with mixed success, with issues ranging from who gets involved, to how government takes action afterwards. This debate will consider how government can make better policy through crowdsourcing.
• Will Cavendish, Director General, Open Public Services and Red Tape Challenge, Cabinet Office
• Simon Burall, Director, Involve
• Elizabeth Linder, Government & Politicts Specialist, Facebook
• Roger Hampson, Chief Executive, Redbridge Council
• Alex Butler, CEO, KindredHQ.com and formerly Director, Transformational Strategy, Cabinet Office and COI
This event will be chaired by Jill Rutter, Programme Director, Institute for Government