In the video below, Stephen and Susy from the Department of Health talk through their lessons from the department’s experiments with digital consultation, including:
- Check that there is actually appetite to engage
- Make it as easy as possible for people to take an action
- Reach out to the people you want to take part
- Know how you’re going to analyse the response
- Say thank you, and then keep people who take part updated
- No amount of digital engagement expertise will make much difference to a 600 page consultation with 70 impenetrable questions
Found via Steph Gray’s Postbureaucrat blog.